We do. That’s why we have the Commitment to Animal Welfare Policy as an integral part of our contracts with suppliers. As we love using yarns of animal origin (wool, mohair, cashmere, angora etc.), we want to make sure that the animals used to produce these quality materials are treated respectfully. There for we work with a list of excluded products and clear regulations.
- We use faux fur almost exclusively. No wild animal fur or factory farm fur.
- We only use angora that was sheared, all the angora we use comes with a certificate that attests to this. We do not use angora that was live plucked.
- No use of skins of protected or exotic animals (such as crocodiles, snakes, seals, etc.)
- We only use down that is RDS certified. The Responsible Down Standard is an independent, voluntary global standard, which means that companies choose to certify their products, even if there is no legislation requiring them to do so.
- We only use merino that wasn’t obtained by mulesing the merino sheep. Mulesing is a surgical procedure during which the skin around the breech and tail area of sheep is removed.
- All leather we use comes from utility animals used for the meat market. None of the leather we use comes from areas known for bad farming or transport under inhumane conditions.